jQuery UI 1.11.0-beta.2
The second beta release for jQuery UI 1.11 is out. jQuery UI 1.11 features numerous bug fixes, improved environment support, a new widget and simplified download packages! We’ve also updated our download builder to include pre-releases like this one, so you can get a custom download of this beta release.
The big changes:
- New widget: Selectmenu duplicates and extends the functionality of a native HTML select element, allowing it to be customizable in behavior and appearance far beyond the limitations of a native select. You can see it in action in the default and the custom rendering demos.
- AMD Support: jQuery UI now ships with support for AMD in each of its widgets and components. For more information, including examples, see our guide to using jQuery UI with AMD.
- Bower Support: jQuery UI now ships with Bower support. For examples, see our guide to using jQuery UI with Bower.
- Discontinued IE7 Support: As of this release we are no longer accepting bug reports for IE7 issues. We have also removed IE7 from our testing infrastructure. The IE7 workarounds are still present in the code, but we will remove them for jQuery UI 1.12.
- Bug Fixes: 55 bugs have been fixed!
- Simplified download package: We’ve simplified our quick and custom downloads to only contain the concatenated files.
For a full list of changes in jQuery UI 1.11, see the changelog for 1.11.0-beta.2. And to see what’s coming next, check out our roadmap.
- Development Bundle: http://jqueryui.com/resources/download/jquery-ui-1.11.0-beta.2.zip
Git (contains source files, base theme only)
Thanks to all who helped with this release, specifically: Alexander Schmitz, Andrei Picus, Ben Higgins, Brian Grinstead, Brian J. Dowling, Bruno M. Custódio, Christian Klammer, Corey Frang, Dan Wellman, Daniel DeGroff, Dave Stein, David Hansen, David Petersen, Dylan Barrell, Eric Dahl, Fabrício Matté, Felix Nagel, Gabriel Schulhof, Gan Eng Chin, Imants Horsts, Jacob McCutcheon, Jason Moon, Jasper de Groot, Jyoti Deka, Jörn Zaefferer, Kris Borchers, Michael Wiencek, Mike Sherov, Mohsen Ekhtiari, Monika Piotrowicz, Ondrej Novy, Patrick Stapleton, Pere Orga, Rafael Xavier de Souza, Robert Beuligmann, Ruslan Yakhyaev, Scott González, Siebrand Mazeland, Stephane Deschamps, Steven Luscher, Suhail Alkowaileet, Thomas Meyer, Timo Tijhof, TJ VanToll, Toshi MARUYAMA, Trisha Crowley, Vilhjálmur Skúlason, Woody Gilk, Yermo, Zbigniew Motyka
Note: please do NOT use the comments section of this blog post for reporting bugs. Bug reports should be filed in the jQuery UI Bug Tracker and support questions should be posted on the jQuery Forum.
If you have feedback on us doing our first beta release for jQuery UI 1.11, feel free to leave a comment below. Thank you.
thank you. Waiting for official stable with select menus before releasing our next major framework version. keep this up!
I keep checking this page pretty much on a weekly basis ;-]
can’t wait for the official release!!
Great work team. I’ll give try to Beta.
Will be trying the new one. Should work perfectly like the previous ones after beta 🙂
Even the beta version of jquery ui great. Thank you.