Next up is 1.7.2. We made some progress on that during the sprint. A few more issues to wrap up, and that should be out this week. Speaking of the sprint, thanks to all that participated.
Design & Development
With 1.6 finalized and 1.7 nearing a freeze, the jQuery UI team is shifting focus to 1.8 and beyond. With the recent plugin prioritization, we updated the planned plugins list on the Dev & Planning wiki home. Our focus is currently on the high priority plugins. Please take a look at those plugin pages and see if we’ve missed anything. If you have ideas about each plugin’s requirements, design, or specifications, feel free to edit the page, or leave a comment. If you’ve don’t have a wiki account, there’s a link at the top to request access. We’d love your input.
Sites Using jQuery UI
We maintain a list of Sites Using jQuery UI. If you have a site or find a site using jQuery UI, feel free to add it to this wiki page. New this week:
- BEST MEDIAFORGE – Webdesign and Develoment from Bielefeld, Germany
- BlackBerry. Storm
- J&P Cycles – Keeping the World on Two Wheels!!
- kendericks.com – Specialty retailer of professional products to graduate and undergraduate students in the US
- momo – a private memo application for the Web and iPhone/iPod touch
- Osimo Community Forums – Official forums for the open-source forum project Osimo
- UniFaction – A roleplaying forum community using a modified version of Osimo
- VersionOne – V1 IdeaSpace
Open source projects
- Osimo – A jQuery/jQuery UI enhanced forum system
- pqp – PHP Quick Profiler
- Remedie – Pluggable media center application
Tutorials and Blog Posts
- Filament Group, Scott Jehl: Update: jQuery UI Slider from a Select Element – now with ARIA Support
- blog.nemikor.com, Scott González: Loading a page into a dialog
- bassistance.de, Jörn Zaefferer: Contributing to jQuery UI Autocomplete
- Design-Notes: Build a simple cost estimator with jQuery UI Slider
- MSDN Magazine, Dino Esposito: Cutting Edge: Build Rich User Interfaces with jQuery
- Smashing Magazine, Sam Swyer: Progressive Enhancement: What It Is, And How To Use It?
- Remote Synthesis: Adding and Removing Tabs with jQuery and jQuery UI
- Remote Synthesis: Cross-Browser, User-Sorted Tables with jQuery
As always, be sure to follow This Week in jQuery on the jQuery blog.