I mentioned the jQuery UI 1.6 release last week as it was available for download. Now the full changelog and blog post are out.
Next up is 1.7.2. We made some progress on that during the sprint. A few more issues to wrap up, and that should be out this week. Speaking of the sprint, thanks to all that participated.
Design & Development
With 1.6 finalized and 1.7 nearing a freeze, the jQuery UI team is shifting focus to 1.8 and beyond. With the recent plugin prioritization, we updated the planned plugins list on the Dev & Planning wiki home. Our focus is currently on the high priority plugins. Please take a look at those plugin pages and see if we’ve missed anything. If you have ideas about each plugin’s requirements, design, or specifications, feel free to edit the page, or leave a comment. If you’ve don’t have a wiki account, there’s a link at the top to request access. We’d love your input.
Sites Using jQuery UI
We maintain a list of Sites Using jQuery UI. If you have a site or find a site using jQuery UI, feel free to add it to this wiki page. New this week:
- BEST MEDIAFORGE – Webdesign and Develoment from Bielefeld, Germany
- BlackBerry. Storm
- J&P Cycles – Keeping the World on Two Wheels!!
- kendericks.com – Specialty retailer of professional products to graduate and undergraduate students in the US
- momo – a private memo application for the Web and iPhone/iPod touch
- Osimo Community Forums – Official forums for the open-source forum project Osimo
- UniFaction – A roleplaying forum community using a modified version of Osimo
- VersionOne – V1 IdeaSpace
Open source projects
- Osimo – A jQuery/jQuery UI enhanced forum system
- pqp – PHP Quick Profiler
- Remedie – Pluggable media center application
Tutorials and Blog Posts
- Filament Group, Scott Jehl: Update: jQuery UI Slider from a Select Element – now with ARIA Support
- blog.nemikor.com, Scott González: Loading a page into a dialog
- bassistance.de, Jörn Zaefferer: Contributing to jQuery UI Autocomplete
- Design-Notes: Build a simple cost estimator with jQuery UI Slider
- MSDN Magazine, Dino Esposito: Cutting Edge: Build Rich User Interfaces with jQuery
- Smashing Magazine, Sam Swyer: Progressive Enhancement: What It Is, And How To Use It?
- Remote Synthesis: Adding and Removing Tabs with jQuery and jQuery UI
- Remote Synthesis: Cross-Browser, User-Sorted Tables with jQuery
As always, be sure to follow This Week in jQuery on the jQuery blog.