jQuery UI 1.12.0 Beta 1
The first beta release for jQuery UI 1.12 is out with numerous bug fixes, updated environment support, an updated base theme, overhauled effects, new methods, and new widgets!
The big changes:
- New widgets: Controlgroup replaces buttonset and adds support for selectmenu and the new checkboxradio widget. You can see the new widgets in action in the controlgroup and checkboxradio demos.
- New method: The
.labels()method finds all label elements associated with the first selected element, mimicking the native
- npm/browserify/webpack support: The jquery-ui package on npm is now owned and maintained by the jQuery UI team. In addition, we’ve updated
package.jsonand changed the directory structure to work better with tools like browserify and webpack. See Jörn Zaefferer’s demo for webpack usage information.
- Effects overhaul: The effects API has received a major overhaul, introducing many new APIs and rewriting effects to use CSS
clipfor smoother and less error-prone animations. In addition, the transfer effect has been replaced with a
- Dropped jQuery 1.6.x support: jQuery UI 1.12 officially supports jQuery 1.7.0 – 2.1.4.
- Reduced old IE support: jQuery UI 1.11 officially dropped support for IE7 but left all the existing workarounds in place. jQuery UI 1.12 has removed all of the IE7 workarounds. In addition, official support for IE8, IE9, and IE10 have been removed, but the workarounds are still in place and will be removed in 1.13. This coincides with Microsoft’s end of support for these browsers which occurred earlier this month.
- Bug fixes: Over 50 bugs have been fixed!
For the first time, we have our upgrade guide and API documentation ready during the pre-release phase. For a full list of changes in jQuery UI 1.12, see the list of fixed tickets. And to see what’s coming next, check out our roadmap.
- Development Bundle: http://jqueryui.com/resources/download/jquery-ui-1.12.0-beta.1.zip
Git (contains source files, with @VERSION not yet replaced with 1.12.0-beta.1, base theme only)
If you have feedback on us doing our first beta release for jQuery UI 1.12, feel free to leave a comment below. Thank you.